Come Meet with Us
SAMPE Carolinas would like to invite you to our November 2012 dinner meeting on November 13th starting at 6:00pm. The event will be held at our usual location, the Whitewater Center in the Charlotte, NC area. The cost to attend is just:
$20/ person for SAMPE members
$25/ person for guests or non-members
$10/ person for students with a valid student ID card
Our Schedule Will Be
6:00pm – 6:30pm Cocktails
6:30pm – 6:45pm Welcome and Announcements
6:45pm – 7:15pm Dinner
7:15pm – 8:00pm Keynote
8:00pm – 8:30pm Cocktails & Adjourn
This months speaker is Kip Petrykowski from Single Temp. Kip has a list of accomplishments including:
- 2 Years Business development/Product Development for Automotive Racing and OE automotive Tier 2
- 7 years as Director of Engineering for various Automotive suppliers
- 3 Years as Director of Operational Excellence for an Automotive Supplier
- 2 years as a senior engineer for USAir
- 1 year as a Aerospace Composites Design Analyst in a consulting group
- 2 years in Business development for Single Temperature Controls.
He also holds a number of patents.
His topic will be the primary methods of heating/cooling OOA (Out-of-autoclave) and OOO (Out-of-Oven) integrally heated tools (i.e.: oil, pressurized water, steam, electric cartridge). The processes discussed will vary from RTM to compressions molding including:
- Autoclave applications modified to accept integrally heated tools.
- Variothermic heating cooling methods that are now being utilized with the rapid cycle automotive thermoset resins.
- The benefits of pressurized water from an electrical consumption, ramp rate, and precision of temperature control approach.
- Tooling methods.
- How to make the transition to integrally heated tools.
Event Registration and Payment
Here is the link to register for this event: Thanks to those that could come.
If you'd like a printable PDF copy of this event we'll have one up soon.
We look forward to seeing at the meeting. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
To see what happened at the last meeting, click here.