Job Title: Process Engineer Textiles
Location: Orangeburg, SC facility
This is an exempt position where the Process Engineer is considered to be the US expert on textile related manufacturing needs and processes for the US Manufacturing divisions. The focus will be on developing and the manufacturing of carbon fiber textiles for composite material applications. The company supplies woven carbon fiber textiles, mainly from 2D woven and multi-axial fabrics. The Process Engineer will be responsible for supporting, validating, and developing new and innovative process parameters, improving existing products/processes, and optimizing value and cost, related to produced textiles
• Product and Process Specifications
• Establish and maintain process specifications for all fabric products to produce the highest level of quality throughout the entire manufacturing process.
• Determine the optimum process routing for products, producing the highest quality levels at the lowest cost.
• Develop written procedures in the form of Standard Practice Instructions to specifically describe how to perform a required task with steps and tools necessary to complete that task.
• Establish procedures and systems to prevent the production of off-quality products
• Provide the finance department with necessary information to determine product costs
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities
• Results oriented.
• Experience with production lines and direct experience with manufacturing process.
• Proficient using MS office suite of tools.
• Emphasis on interpersonal and communication skills within a diverse work force.
• Experience with team dynamics in project management.
• Strong skill sets of attention to detail, technical aptitude and usage of analytical thought process.
• Ensure a goal of Total Quality.
• Flexibility is key for this position.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• This job operates in both an office environment and production setting.
• Noise levels vary and hearing protection is required in some production areas.
• Frequent exposure to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
• Routine usage of standard office equipment.
• Regularly required to talk and/or hear in a loud environment.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Lifting between 10 to 50 pounds for periods of time throughout the shift.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Textiles, Technical Design or Engineering.
• Three to Five years’ experience to include the following:
• Quality, specifications in woven fabric including finishes and fibers, automotive and/or aerospace.
• Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
• Proficiency in the ability to reduce processing time.
• Travel is expected about 50% for this position.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com